A 100-acre shoreline park and restored marshland along the Bay, Crissy Field is one of the most scenic spots in San Francisco. The park stretches along the northern shoreline of the Presidio from the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge to the Marina and includes a small beach and lovely promenade for walkers, cyclists, and joggers.
What to Do:
- Along the way to the Golden Gate Bridge, view the vibrant display of wildflowers (February through June) or spot pelicans, gulls, and other birds around Crissy Field Marsh.
- Dip your toes into the icy pacific, watch sailboats bob in the bay, or stroll along the small sandy beach.
- Browse the Farallones Marine Sanctuary visitors' center in a former coast guard station.
- Stop into the Warming Hut Café at the west end of Crissy Field for one-of-a-kind books, souvenirs and delicious sandwiches and snacks.
- Picnic tables and barbecue areas with incredible views of the bridge and bay are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Public restrooms are located near the Warming Hut and fishing pier at the west end of Crissy Field.
Location and phone: Entrance at Marina Gate at Baker Street; 415-561-7690
Website: Crissy Field Center