San Francisco is a city of extraordinary views made all the more dramatic by its waterfront setting and hilltop vantage points. Here are a few favorites:
- A quintessential SF view, known as "Postcard Row" shows off beautiful Victorian houses against the sparkling cityscape in Alamo Square.
- The Ferry Buidling Marketplace and Embarcadero are the places for amazing harbor and Bay Bridge views.
- Crissy Field is the spot to ogle the famous Golden Gate.
- Twin Peaks and the city's other six named hills offer terrific city-wide vistas.
- You can't beat a ferry ride to Alcatraz for the most amazing San Francisco skyline view.
- Locals flock to Dolores Park in the Mission to take in a lovely skyline vista while relaxing on the grass under swaying palms trees.
The best restaurant view is that of the illuminated Bay Bridge from a table at the impeccable Slanted Door.